Monday, December 7, 2009

Um, yeah.

Today is one of those days where I think its too cold to go for a run. Yesterday and tomorrow are included in that category as well. I think the high forecasted for today is 7 with a low at -5, not including windchill. So, yeah. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday, which normally would be like torture. I hate doing my long runs on the treadmill--it is extremely boring to me when I compare it to the normal company of my 2 or 3 running buddies. Sometimes I can endure if I have something entertaining to watch, and yesterday it was figure skating. It was kind of cool to listen to my own music but watch the skaters and all the sport related commercials in-between. Seeing those athletes that have put so much work into their sport, it gave me the motivation to finish my sorry excuse for a long run. Four miles, really? Hang in there Kendra, it'll be a whole five miles next week, hopefully. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I miss my ten milers of the summer. Not the actual running for a whole hour and a half, but being in good enough running shape to be able to complete ten miles, I think that is what I miss.

On a sidenote, I was tickled pink to see the Missoula Marathon listed in the January edition of "Runner's World" magazine in an article about the best marathons around the US, it seems to have gotten enough votes to be considered "Best Overall". Pretty darn cool, I think. :-)

I've decided that December is officially one of the busiest months of the year, and I don't think thats exactly a good thing. I've got a to-do list a mile long and an list of social engagements for me and/or my family just as long. So, there may not be as much writing as I had hoped....we'll see. Off to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails