Monday, May 4, 2009

Yummy New Recipe

I pulled some new recipes out of the May edition of Fitness Magazine. We tried this one tonight and loved it so much I thought I'd share it with you. I think it would be perfect for a hot summer night's easy dinner.

Greek Quinoa & Avocados
Makes 4 servings

1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
2 roma/plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach (I only had romaine lettuce and it worked fine)
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
Spinach leaves
2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Bring quinoa and water to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, tomatoes, spinach and onion.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Mix with quinoa.
4. Place spinach leaves on plates with avocado slices and top with quinoa. Sprinkle with feta.

332 calories, 7 g protein, 27 g. carbohydrate, 24 g fat (5 g. saturated), 8 g. fiber

I would've had a picture but we ate it up too quickly for that! I do have one serving left since the girls only ate 1 between the two of them (Lindz liked it, Kera did not which wasn't too surprising)--and I'm eating it for lunch tomorrow! Yum! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails