Friday, January 9, 2009

A lil' somethin', somethin'

I miss writing! Since my NaNo adventure has come to a close I haven't had time to do much more than think about writing, what with the holidays and all. And now my goal is to finish scrapbooking my 2008 pictures before I get sucked into a huge write-athon again, so it may be a while before I do a whole lot of writing. But I have printed my NaNo and it is ready to come to Mexico with me, so I can at least read through it and start some editing. I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog lately either, as evidenced by my few and far between entries. Which reminds me, I know I had a couple friends ask to read the NaNo and I can't remember who, so if you want to, just say so and I'll invite you to the mostly private blog where it is housed...

So, in an attempt to pacify my need to write and my lack of time to do so, I found a fun survey to do today, otherwise referred to in the blogging world as a "meme"....

1. What's the last TV show you saw?
I watched ER last night for the first time in a long time and it made me sad. For several reasons: it has fizzled out into a mere shadow of the awesome show it once was back in the day; its finally the final season of it (perhaps they all realized the good was gone?) and so this show that's been a constant from college (Oh how I remember piling into Rachel & Katie's dorm room at Culver to watch it every Thursday night and how a room full of college girls could be so quiet except for on commercials) until now will finally be done.

2. What are you wearing at the moment?
Black sweat pants and a workout top, white socks otherwise known as my outfit of choice.

3. Favorite Song of the Moment?
I really like that one by Rhianna I think its called "Live Your Life" but I've taken to listening to the Twilight soundtrack over and over in my car. The girls are sick of hearing it but there are a couple songs on there I absolutely love. I think the soundtrack is way better than the actual movie.

4. What is your favorite scent?
Its a toss up between freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and the soapy, fresh scent that Erik has right after a shower.

5. What's your occupation? What do you do there?
I'm a mom, for now. What don't I do?! I shuttle the kiddos to school and home. I fix their snacks or lunches and do the dishes. I cook dinner for my family. I keep the house clean. I do the laundry, fold it and put it away for everyone. I pay the bills and run the errands. I get the mail. I volunteer in the girls' classrooms and help out with special activities at their schools. I take them to their activities or playdates. I help Lindsay with homework. I bathe them and help them get ready for the day and for the night. I kiss their booboos and remember to buy their favorite kind of cereal. Like I said, what don't I do? :0)

6. What do you drink the most?
Definitely water, out of the tap, I think its silly to buy water. The only exception to that is at my Grandmas where the water tastes awful and when I travel because you never can be too careful.

7. What is your favorite restaurant?
I love the Olive Garden when we're in a city that has one, but here at home I love our old standby Hong Kong Chef--their Chinese food rocks.

8. What will you be doing after finishing this?
Working out, showering and then heading off to get my hair done!

9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an astronaut, a teacher, a physical therapist, a social worker and a writer.

10. Your favorite romantic movie?
I really like "Return to Me" and "Runaway Bride".

11. What's the least favorite thing about yourself?
My insecurity.

13. What are your ideal qualities in a novel?
Beautiful language, like able characters, interesting plot. I don't like novels with huge portions of description--please just give me a small idea and then move on with the plot, and I don't like novels with mostly internal conflict within the main character, it needs to be a bit more complex for my liking. I also don't like novels that are too long, as in the story could've been told in less pages type of long--I can't help it, I'm a poet at heart!

14. What time do you usually go to bed?
If I'm not in bed by about ten pm on a weeknight, I turn into a pumpkin. I have a bad habit of staying up later on the weekends.

15. What's the meaning behind your username/name/nicknames you go by?
Its my name or a variation of it. The one I use the most, kenedram, is a nickname I think I got in college(?) with my last initial added.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico...very jealous especially since it's been very cold here lately. Mexico sounds perfect! (When the kids get a little bigger....) Do send me a link to your NaNoMo book. I'd love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should share your pages with us! :) Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails